Everyone else has got one so why shouldnt I? possibly because my life isn't lived in some foreign exotica. Still, it means you all can keep up with my everyday toil without needing to phone. I'm just that thoughtful. And I might offer interesting tit bits from time to time. but don't hold out on it.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Sunny Days and Reggae by the Sea

Woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of the sun melting the polar ice caps. first blazer of 2007, so all you long haul fliers can look back and feel proud of the work your high altitude carbon emmisons of done. Of course if it was up to me there would have been the aroma of burning charcoals in the back yard, but Jan gets first dibs round here so instead of chargrilled burgers and prime steak fillets smoking away the afternon it was a white wash hanging up to dry. Still, not one to let such a day go by without fuss I took Frank on a trip to the tip. The perfect weather to bang on some tunes, windows down and dump the old christmas tree / pram / assorted bits and jobs that wotn fit in a standard sized wheelie bin.
Frank fell asleep after about 10 minutes so I was left to do the dirty work all by myself.

On the way back from the second trip, I spotted Mr Whippy himself setting up stall on the promenade. So foot to the floor, get Franks dinner down him and back out for ice creams. Unfortunatley the greasy wop (no offence Owen, I'm sure there are some decent italians out there. somewhere) had legged it by the time we got there so had to take the long haul back up to the shop to get a bog standard walls cornetto.

Now, I half expected Patrick to be in on the Ice cream parlour games, but his computer addiction is fast swallowing him up. too busy playing star wars to get an ice cream? Now, i had my moments on champo i admit, although i have to say i have kicked that habit into touch now, but i never gave up ice creams for computers. At least i dont think i did. Anyways, I am now on a a parental soap box, judge jury and executioner of computer games. terrible things, destroy young peoples lives with there false sense of control blah blah.

Sunday spent taking stock as the rains fall and old mother cold wraps her unwelcome fingers round my frail frame.

Sunny day, it was nice whilst it lasted. Maybe we'll meet up next saturday eh?

6 comments:

Owen said...

You may not have given up ice creams but you certainly gave up sleep and daylight for about a fortnight when you really sunk your teeth into winning Rovers that 14th straight Champions League title.

Bozzley said...

Ah yes, but that was dedication, not addiction. a whole different bottle of chips.

Anonymous said...

dedication!? you didn't come out for 3 years...

& roy castle used to harp on about that didn't he? look what happened to him...

(he's playing the holy harp)

just be careful young potter...

Anonymous said...

"playing the holy harp", is that what the vicar used to tell you he was doing when you caught him in the vestibule?

were you careful, Whelan?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what Roy Castle's complaining about, I caught ear cancer listening to jazz records in a cigarette factory.

(thankyou Viz circa 1998)

Anonymous said...

Always a beauty to pull out in an awkward silence.