Everyone else has got one so why shouldnt I? possibly because my life isn't lived in some foreign exotica. Still, it means you all can keep up with my everyday toil without needing to phone. I'm just that thoughtful. And I might offer interesting tit bits from time to time. but don't hold out on it.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

planning the summer of fun

Not content with a summer holiday spent in a caravan in cornwall, I went and bought tickets to knowsley park to see the Who, the Coral and the View amongst others. June 23rd. Another big red ring on the calendar. We've decided to take patrick along too, to advance his musical and cultural education. I was on my soapbox to give frank a go, but we agreed in the end that maybes hes a bit young for such excitement. I, for one, cannot bloody wait. although drinking shenanigans maybe slightly subdued as it could be a driving day... but maybe not. we just have to wait and see. if anyone else fnacies it then get your tickets, theyre selling like hotcakes. only a little bit more expensive - about £45 for the day. (its a 2 dayer with no camping, but we just doing the saturday).

And if that wasnt enough, the Charlatans are playing Delamere forest park the weekend before (15th June). but i'm just not sure we are that crazy. Delamere is a great place though, have been for nice days out. infact one of our "lets just do it" days out was at a small bit of delamere that weve never found again, snowstorms and strange goings on with slate grey skys behind tall trees on an exposed hillock. all very awe inspiring and memorable stuff, especially for the kids.

Looking forward to tucking into another bean salad as I am blummin starving.
Also, planning the valentines meal for tomorrow. currently eyeing up some clams / pheasent or if not then lamb. it all depends on the availability of the produce from our locally sourced outlets (fishmonger / butcher to any iceland mum amongst us). I might even finish with a chocolate pudding, but no champagne due to financial restrictions (them tickets to knowsley put paid to my plans for a bottle of pol roger to kick the evening off)

one week 'til pancake day too, the year is coming straight at us, thick and fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always spend valentine's day eyeing up some clams too Boz.