Everyone else has got one so why shouldnt I? possibly because my life isn't lived in some foreign exotica. Still, it means you all can keep up with my everyday toil without needing to phone. I'm just that thoughtful. And I might offer interesting tit bits from time to time. but don't hold out on it.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Dragons coming out of my ears

Quite the busy weekend, involving boozey late nights and sunday fun.

After a fairly standard saturday, we decided to get terribly drunk and thats pretty much what i can remember. gave Pat in London a ring for what seemed like a 10 minute chat but ws probably about an hour of me repeating myself like a drunken baffoon. still, nice to have a chat. I'll plug his record that has been released this month - check it out on http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=86574316

Nice.

then Sunday came at me thick nad fast. after dodging the swimimng question we went for bowling at new brighton. good fun, particularly chasing after frank every five minutes. for a 2 year old, postman pat vans are a little more exciting than waiting for your turn to throw a ball at some sticks. still, he came joint second with an impressive 91. Of course I was hailed victor with a wopping 100 andsomething and celebrated by awarding us all a trip to the fairground next door. A bout of dodgems and various rides ensued, Patrick and Jan taking on the Dragon ride whilst me and Frank rode the catterpiller. Rain, schmain, the rides have it.

Every year I do various fancy dress costumes for the boys. So last night I continued on this years task of making Patricks Horrendous Haddock III costume for the school "dress up as a character from a book day" on Thursday. Am in the process of creating a wooly waistcoat by sewing lots of strips of brown and black material to an old shirt. Making a viking hat from paper mache (and one for Frank too) we were sat upto our arses in wallpaper paste and mewspaper til 6:45 last night. Then My piece de resistance, a baby dragon. Once again I will create a masterpiece to leave the young lad the talk of the town. Its pretty fucking impressive. Once done I might attempt to throw a photo on the site.

And so got drunk again last night and stayed up til 1 sewing. leaving me disshevelled and knackered. no time for early nights though, as I must make sure the costumes are ready for action. A mans work is never done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my Korean mates came over for new year it quickly became apparent that they're always dressing their little boy in girl's clothes. And I don't just mean they didn't make him wear army fatigues all day- I'm talking pink cordorouy suits with flowers on them.

What do you make of that?